More waf confusion

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Mar 30 07:37:14 UTC 2017

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> Earlier today I experimented with define_name="".  This suppressed #define
> emission to config.h. I have not yet checked for side effects.

Thanks.

I diff-ed config.h with and without that addition.  The only change is
dropping that one line.

It builds and runs, at least on my systems.  So I pushed it.

I can't make a similar fix for Gary's linker stuff since he is using
define_name.

Gary:
> In your case the define name is calculated automatically.  Looking at the
> code I see no way to avoid the automagic.  Only thing we could do is
> undefine it after the test.

Is there an obvious code snippet I can copy to undefine a name?  Will it be
obvious if I read the code you pointed at?