More waf confusion

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Mar 27 20:23:31 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 00:37:59 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> There is another bunch of stuff that isn't used by code but is used
> by waf internally.  Gary's recent work added:
>   #define HAS_PIC 1
>   /* #undef HAS_PIE */
>   #define HAS_gnu99 1
>   #define HAS_unused 1
>   #define HAS_z_now 1

The current code needs to test for -fPIC, --std=gnu99, -W,z,now, etc.
When the test succeeds they are added to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS as appropriate.

Thode defines are an unintended side effect.  If you can figure out how to
not make waf do the defines that works for me.

I suppose we could explicitly undefine them, but that is extra work for
no big win.