l_fp, time, calendar

Trevor N. aac at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 21:28:10 UTC 2017

>hmurray at megapathdsl.net wrote:
>I think another chunk is trying to dance around 1024 week roll over.  That
>comes from PGRMF sentences which I think are Garmin propriety.  But there is
>a normal DDMMYY in there, so I don't see why we need the GPS stuff.  ??
>
>Does gpsd handle broken units that are off by 1024 weeks?  If so, I vote to
>dump all that code and let gpsd handle any broken units.

The Trimble Thunderbolt's week rollover will happen on July 29th of this year, so it will
need the rollover handling code if you plan on keeping the driver around. The Palisade and
Acutime 2000  will also rollover soon. Since I have a collection of Acutime and Palisade
receivers which I use with the driver's "event input" method, I will be adding the
rollover code to the driver.  Should I submit a patch, or are refclocks going to be
removed completely soon enough that I shouldn't bother?