Difference to Classic: precision value

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 26 10:50:53 UTC 2017

While playing around with the two new NTP boxen, I noticed a differnce
to classic: the precision value reported by NTP classic for both is -22,
while NTPsec reports -20 (run 'ntps -c rv').  At least for the rasPi the
NTPsec value looks to be correct (since the time base is a nominally
1MHz software defined counter).  But I still wonder where the difference
comes from.

Regards,
Achim.