Cruft: There are 3 routines that convert time_t to text

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Mar 16 06:21:59 UTC 2017

gem at rellim.com said:
> I like checks for things that can never happen.  Somehow many of them
> eventually do get tripped, then the error is more obvious, assuming a good
> error message.

I do too, but there can be too much of a good thing.  There is a real talent
for putting in the right checks without adding too much clutter.

That particular trap is very unlikely to go off.  I'd be happy if the calls
to that routine were changed to use the new code and a similar trap were
installed over there.