warnings: 'NANOSECOND' macro redefined

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Mar 15 21:32:50 UTC 2017

gem at rellim.com said:
> I'm gonna go with this for now, it seems pretty hard to misunderstand:
> #define NS_PER_S 1000000000
> #define S_PER_NS 1e-9
> DItto for other units.

Looks good to me.

An alternative hack is to undef NANOSECOND in the top of timespecops.h

 #include "ntp_calendar.h"
 #include "timetoa.h"

+#ifdef NANOSECOND
+  /* from sys/timex.h on NetBSD and FreeBSD */
+# undef NANOSECOND
+#endif

 /* milliseconds per second */
 #define MILLISECONDS 1000

I'm testing that now.  I'll happily switch to your version.  I want something
that works so I can verify that my recent changes to leapsecond didn't break
anything gross on NetBSD and FreeBSD.

--------

refclock_atom.h used to contain:
#undef NANOSECOND       /* some systems define it differently */
#define NANOSECOND      1000000000 /* one second (ns) */

-------

> I see no preactical reason for a fefine of 1e9 as NS_PER_S will do fine for
> that too.

I can't figure out what that means.

Is 1e9 floating point?  I'd use the lots of zeros form if I was trying to
emphasize that it was an integer.