warnings: 'NANOSECOND' macro redefined

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Wed Mar 15 18:31:43 UTC 2017

Hal Murray writes:
> They all duplicate stuff already defined in timespecops.h

They don't.  Integer and floating point constants are different.

> I assume the compiler doesn't complain about redefines if the result doesn't change.

The gcc preprocessor does it that way, yes.  It's considered a feature.
Note that the redefinition must result in the same token stream, not
merely the same result in order to not be warned about.

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Undefining-and-Redefining-Macros.html

I don't know how much of that behaviour is mandated by the standard, but
I expect gcc to be in close conformance here if there are specific
rules.

Regards,
Achim.