lfpinit() signed or unsigned?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Mar 11 13:37:01 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de>:
> Eric S. Raymond writes:
> > These patches are good, but the change comments use the old NTP bullet list
> > format rather than the git convention, which is a self-contained summary
> > line followed by a blank line followed by details in running text. Please
> > fix that.
>
> I was working with the standard format Magit offers up… so a one liner
> for the commit log plus ChangeLog format in the body, I guess.  I can
> remove the bullet points.

Thanks.

> > Instead of referring to d2d2b531 you should reference either 'Attempt
> > to avoid integer overflow warning.' (the summary line of the commit)
> > or the action stamp <08:01:39 2016!esr at thyrsus.com>.
>
> Do you know a way to get these out of Magit?  The SHA1 I can just copy
> out of the blame buffer, but the other two options require more jumping
> through hoops.

I don't know Magit, but git log in a terminal followed by a hash will
give you both the summary line and the parts for the action stamp pretty
quickly.

> > Ideally, I'd like to see these commits as a GitLab merge request.  If
> > that's inconvenient, I'll take a git format-patch patches by email.
>
> Well, this seems to imply that I would need a GitLab account and create
> an ntpsec clone there?  Then yes, this is inconvenient.  I could fork
> ntpsec on repo.or.cz and offer that up as a source for pulling if that
> helps, otherwise I'll just continue to send formatted patches.  If you
> don't want them on the list, is there a patches list or where do I send
> them?

They can be posted here as git-format patch enclosures, that's fine.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.