Repository downtime scheduled from 1500 to 1600 today

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Mar 6 19:50:42 UTC 2017

Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com>:
> Yo Eric!
>
> On Mon,  6 Mar 2017 14:29:34 -0500 (EST)
> esr at thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) wrote:
>
> > The NTPsec repo is scheduled to be out of service for surgery from
> > 1500 to 1600 today, 2017-03-06.
>
> Cosmetic surgery, heart surgery or cancer surgery?

I see you missed the previous email about this.

This is cosmetic surgery, and a test run for heart surgery later. Mark wants
me to graft a branch capturing NTF development since the fork, which is
going to be tricky.  In preparation, I'm doing simple surgery to fix typoed
comments - this way we get a chance to find out what recovery actions we
need to take afterwards (if any) while the stakes are still low.

Everybody else checked in saying they were ready.  I figured you must be off
running an airshow or something.

If you have any private branches, save them for reapplication later.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.