USE_PACKET_TIMESTAMP

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jun 9 06:57:10 UTC 2017

Thanks for fixing this.

Can you verify that it works as well as builds?

> Newer versions of Solaris support SO_TIMESTAMP per:
> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/820-0724/gcoqs/index.html

That has a link to a setsockopt man page which says:
  SunOS 5.11  Last Revised 21 Jan 2007
It doesn't say anything about SO_TIMESTAMP

The recvmsg man page
  SunOS 5.11  Last Revised 27 Feb 2006
It has some info about SO_TIMESTAMP, but I don't see any hints about the CMSG
macros.

Can somebody give me a lesson in Solaris.  Are we interested in supporting
any versions that are not new enough to support SO_TIMESTAMP?

Are there any other OSes/distros that we are likely to have troubles with?

Do we have a list of OSes/distros and versions that we are known to work on?
How old is the oldest one?  ...  What should I be asking?