Are we interested in supporting low resolution system clocks?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jun 7 00:23:56 UTC 2017

> I have run tests removing the fuzz code.  Never found any change with or
> without the clock fuzz.  I was too scared to remove it.

It's scattered all over the place so I'm impressed if you really removed it
all.

The code that I was looking at in ntp_packetstamp had a run time test.
        if (sys_tick > measured_tick && sys_tick > S_PER_NS) {
and sys_tick == measured_tick on one sample system so the next few lines were
never executed.

If Eric and Mark agree that we don't need to support big tick OSes, I'll look
harder at trying to figure out what it does to see if there is anything
useful we need to save.