warnings from backtrace

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jun 2 10:54:20 UTC 2017

> Which also commented oout stuff needed in the SIGALRM handler, which created
> the double trap.

How much does the handler need?  Is there a pile of stuff needed before we
get to catchTrap?  The first thing that catchTrap does is call msyslog and we
already know that works since it prints the seccomp-worked message.

Trapping on recvfrom works.

 2 Jun 03:27:58 ntpd[25506]: ERROR: SIGSYS: got a trap.
 2 Jun 03:27:58 ntpd[25506]: ERROR: SIGSYS/seccomp bad syscall 45/0xc000003e
 2 Jun 03:27:58 ntpd[25506]: 0.0.0.0 c01d 0d kern kernel time sync disabled

The 45 is recvfrom.  I don't know what the second number is good for.

I tried a bit, commenting out some of the syscalls in the DNS ifdef.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I didn't find a pattern.  It's not
a simple it needs "this one".

More tomorrow.