Confusion: packaging/, etc/, contrib/

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jul 2 10:17:41 UTC 2017

Would somebody who understands this area please take a look and/or fix things
up.

It looks to me like etc and packaging are trying to do the same thing.  Maybe
etc should be renamed to packaging/sample or something like that.

I think the contrib problem is only contrib/logrotate-ntpd vs
etc/logrotate-config.ntpd
I added them both, so I assume I forgot about the first one when I noticed a
directory that looked like a good place for a logrotate snippet.  The comment
in contrib/logrotate-ntpd has more info, so that's the one to keep.

--------

There is also README vs README.txt and README.md

 ./packaging/SUSE/README.txt
./packaging/README.txt
./libjsmn/README.md

The rest are README, 10 of them.