Clocks broken on Mac mini

Frank Nicholas frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com
Mon Jan 30 21:58:57 UTC 2017

> On Jan 30, 2017, at 1:48 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>
>> That Mac Mini (Late 2005) was sold with either 1.3GHz or 1.5GHz, per Mactracker.
>> Looks like you do have the 1.5GHz version.
>
> That doesn't agree with my samples in hand.
>
> There is a row of text on the underside along the connector edge.
>
> I have 3 samples:
>  One gives serial number and Ethernet ID (and bar codes)
>  Another uses smaller font so it also has room for:
>    "Mac mini MAC MINI 1.25/512/40/56K/COMBO"
>  The 3rd says:
>    "Mac mini 1.42G4/512MB/80GB/SD/AP/BT”

The original Mac mini was sold as 1.25GHz or 1.42GHz.  That is a model PowerMac10,1.

Your earlier information shows PowerMac10,2.  That was sold as 1.3GHz or 1.5GHz.  See attached screenshots for details.  The OS is reporting a speed that matches the model.  You can choose to believe what is labeled or what the hardware & software report….  :^)

I have no idea why the discrepancy, unless previous owner(s) swapped some parts around.

Thanks,
Frank