Copyright dates

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:39:38 UTC 2017

Oh god, yeah.  Stack Overflow copypastes are a constant headache today when
doing due diligence when acquiring tech companies.

Lots of people have been begging Stack Overflow to do something about it.
The CC license that SO defaults all it's content to is not compatible with
any open source or even proprietary license.   They need to change their
TOS to make code snippets be either CC0 or MIT.

(In general, the only CC license that is compatible with anything is CC0.
Any software code licensed under any other CC license cannot be mixed with
anything else.)

..m