sys_fuzz

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 25 19:50:58 UTC 2017

esr at thyrsus.com said:
>> You could add writing code to check for that to your list.
>> Feels like shared memory and a thread per CPU, but I don't
>> have any good ideas for the inner loop.

> This seems more like a job for Gary, once we've cleaned things up enough
> that he's willing to dive into the C code again.  He's commented that he
> doesn't want to face the piles of crap I excavate every day and I can't
> blame him for that - on the other hand I think the Augean-stables part of
> this job is pretty close to being over.

I was thinking of a stand alone program.  I don't want to clutter up the main
code with that sort of crap.  I'm looking for something to collect data so we
can verify our understanding and/or learn something.  It can probably be
tweaked to detect old-old/coarse clocks.  If the code to do that looks
reasonable, we could add it to ntpd.