More libsodium stuff

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 25 11:00:00 UTC 2017

Stromeko at nexgo.de said:
> That sounds like a packaging problem of libsodium on that system or you've
> missed to run the post-install step that updates ld-so.conf via ldconfig.

"Packaging problem" sounds right.  Thanks.

Browsing man pages, ldconfig is for a.out.  I'm using elf so I switch over to
ld.elf_so  That man page says it searches:
  1: LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ld.so.conf (but ld.so.conf is a security risk.  I
don't have one)
  2: DT_RPATH
  3: list of defaults which is /usr/lib

Eric: Do you want to try the RPATH route?  I remember lots of "fun" from when
gpsd tried that, but that was trying to use local libraries for testing and
installed libraries when code was installed.

I think I found a man page with interesting linker flags.  I can't find that
now.  It would require waf hacking, but I could test it by hand.  (But not
tonight...)