Big endian success

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 24 06:00:21 UTC 2017

Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com said:
> If you get this going, please let me know so that I can retire my mips64
> Debian wheezy buildbot worker running under QEMU.  It's fairly slow and it
> didn't find any of the endianness problems that your PowerPC system
> detected.  Or was that a 32-bit vs 64-bit CPU issue?

The only bug I found was in one of the tests.  I think it was computing the
MD5 hash of something.  The answer was wired in as a constant.  The constant
was byte swapped, but that worked out OK on little endian because the htonl
was missing so it didn't get unswapped.

If your mips64 is big endian, it should have found it.  Maybe the buildbot
doesn't look hard enough.