NTP build

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Jan 23 20:59:40 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de>:
> It showed up two more times during the build, so I am not entirely sure
> why it warns when "action stamps" (whatever those are) aren't actually
> used.  In any case, until all systems' that NTP should support have at
> least Git 2.7 it seems unwise to make use of that feature.

An action stamp is a format I invented in reposurgeon for pointing at
commits in a repository in a way independent of topology or SHA-1 hashes;
this is sometimes required when doing repository surgery.  It looks like this:

<2017-01-23T15:57:15Z!esr at thyrsus.com>

which means "the commit (or, in rare cases, commits) made by esr at thyrsus.com
at 2017-01-23 15:57:15 UTC".

NTPsec makes no use of it.