Issues raised by buildprep

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 23 00:14:49 UTC 2017

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> So my next question to you is: what is the lowest number of optional-feature
> groups that would make you happy? Is the only real issue the group of Python
> tools?

Short term, I'd be happy with a no-ntpviz option.  It's really the gnuplot in
buildprep that's the major source of bloat/clutter that I want to avoid.

Longer term, I'd be willing to wait for the no-python option until we get a
test case.

I'm assuming that we want to support IoT class devices, especially after we
get real security working.  That may be far enough in the future that we
shouldn't worry much about it now.

I haven't looked carefully at the tarball.  Does that include pre-built man
pages and html pages?