the MSNTP feature and author, Andrew Bartlett

Daniel Franke dfoxfranke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:45:19 UTC 2017

On 1/17/17, Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Daniel Franke <dfoxfranke at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Putting it back should be easy if someone can provide me with a working
>> test environment, including a correctly configured Samba servet and a
>> Windows client configured to talk to it.
>

> I am not sure of what "correctly configured" means in this context, but if
> it is VMs, I can setup a Samba, Windows XP, and Windows 7 and give you
> access.

Start me with:

1. A Linux box running Samba and NTP Classic and configured to behave
as an MS-SNTP server.

2. A Windows box configured to speak MS-SNTP as a client of said Linux box.

I'll restore the necessary logic which I removed during my refactor of
ntp_proto.c, so that you can drop NTPsec into NTP Classic's place and
have MS-SNTP keep working.