Am I missing something simple here?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 4 00:27:22 UTC 2017

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> The worst.  Runtime errors - the protocol machine never gets out of INIT,
> even though the unit tests for the macros pass.

What does ntpq -p say?

If that is blank, look in rawstats and/or peerstats.  Peerstats has a status
word.  There are a bunch of status/flag bits that record why packets get
dropped, but I don't think they get included in rawstats.  If they don't get
to peerstats, I'd probably add a msyslog line to record why packets are
getting dropped.

Did your unit tests verify that the old and new interoperate or just that the
new is self consistent?