Google+CWI announce SHA1 attack, publishe a collision

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Feb 23 20:18:07 UTC 2017

https://security.googleblog.com/2017/02/announcing-first-sha1-collision.html

Today, 10 years after of SHA-1 was first introduced, we are announcing the
first practical technique for generating a collision. This represents the
culmination of two years of research that sprung from a collaboration between
the CWI Institute in Amsterdam and Google. We've summarized how we went about
generating a collision below. As a proof of the attack, we are releasing two
PDFs that have identical SHA-1 hashes but different content.