DCF77 driver seems to be broken

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Feb 18 20:18:40 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de>:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> > This bisects to 96fff4a, although I have a hard time understanding why.
> > Some of that seems to have been "prepared" in the commits running up to
> > this.  Anyway, the DCF77 driver thinks that each second is the last one
> > in the minute after this commit landed.
>
> The latter effect is indeed introduced by this commit.  The breakage
> actually occurs with the previous commit cefd690, although here the
> minute mark is merely not recognized and as a result the offset is
> calculated completely wrong.

I'd revert this, but I didn't understand it well enough to avoid breaking it.
Can you supply a fix patch?

If not, file an issue and I'll give it a try.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.