./waf install is not idempotent?

Jason Azze jason at azze.org
Sat Dec 23 23:02:21 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

>> I ran a ./waf distclean before my configure, build, install steps. I will
>> try from a fresh clone.
>
>> Before I open a GitLab issue, is this unexpected behavior?
>
> It sure looks unexpected to me.  There shouldn't be anything about 0.9.7
> left.  (except in history)
>
> Try grepping for 0.9.7 and see if you find anything interesting.

A bunch of stuff in the packaging directory under SUSE and RPM, and this:

./pylib/version.py:VCS_TAG = "NTPsec_0_9_7"
./pylib/version.py:VERSION = "0.9.7"

I could not reproduce the weirdness with a fresh clone. So, as I've
said before, ./waf distclean can't be trusted and ./waf clean can be
trusted even less. :-)