Python libs on Debian/Raspbian

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Dec 19 02:50:49 UTC 2017

>> 1. System-wide, distribution-blessed installation (aka packaging).
>> 2. System-wide, local installation.
>> 3. User installation.

>> I don't see user installations as a real thing for ntpd, but the user
>> space control and monitoring tool tools might be a different story.

> We need it because when the maintainer builds a binary package he first does
> a #3 (local install.

We also need a way to setup for testing.  "installing" in a specified
directory rather than running out of ./build/main/ntpclients/ lets us test
that the install recipe copies over all the needed files.

I can get the right executables by using ./
Is there a convenient way to disable the installed copy of our python
libraries?