Cruft from timesync

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Dec 16 12:06:10 UTC 2017

> Is this our problem?

I'm not sure.  I think we'll have to get out wireshark or whatever it's
called and see what's going on.

I don't understand why the avgint is so low.

A timesync bug could do lots of retransmissions unreasonably quickly.   But I
would expect a batch each time the system gets booted.  It's been rebooted
several times, so there should be several batches.  The time between batches
is long (on this scale) so the average should be reasonable.

Maybe I just don't know what's going on.  I don't have time to chase it right
now.

--------

Looks like I misread the numbers on the second system.  It's 368 seconds
rather than 0.

So this mostly makes sense if the first system only got one burst of 43
packets.

Ahh.  They are mode 6.  I was probably testing ntpq that I had just built.

I just rebooted the timesync system.  I see one new packet, as expected.

False alarm.  Sorry for the clutter.

-------

Anybody else got systems with timesync?  It would be useful to verify things.