Testing

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 6 03:41:48 UTC 2017

>From Subject: Re: Python 3 division
> My plan is to let the current minor flurry of bug-fixing activity subside
> and then call a short freeze.

That's what I've been trying to complain about.

If all you do is call a "short" freeze before a release, nobody ever has time
to look around and try things that might uncover bugs.

A serious testing phase is also a good opportunity to test and improve the
documentation.  Documentation gets tested if people use it when they try
something new.  I'm willing to fis or clarify documentation without setting
the testing timer back to zero.  We can get several people to review the
changes.

It's probably worth several of us making a pass over all the documentation.
That includes most of devel/ as well as what gets installed.