Preparing for a point release

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Dec 5 20:35:34 UTC 2017

> We should plan a point release to ship the fix for interop failure with
> Amazon time service.  We're in pretty good shape for one now, but a cople of
> minor issues need to addressed.

I was disappointed in the previous release.  It was rushed.  We (including
you) were changing things late in the cycle when I thought we should have
been focused on testing.  I couldn't keep up with the changes and didn't do
as much testing as a I think a release deserves.

------

If you want to do a quick release, then we should backport critical fixes.  I
assume that turns into a branch in git.

If you want to release all the changes since the last release, then we should
take the time to do it right.