tests/option-tester.sh

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 4 11:20:35 UTC 2017

I'd like to encourage everybody to use it when making "interesting" changes.

The idea is to at least try all the configuration options.  It will catch
simple quirks before you do the push.  (Better is to try it before you do the
commit so we avoid broken landing spots when doing a bisect.)

There is a tradeoff between testing lots of combinations and taking too long.
 It's currently 1.5 minutes (with doc) on a decent workstation and 4 minutes
(no doc) on a 1.6 GHz Atom.  For me, that's half way between fast enough that
I don't care and slow enough to be really annoying.

If you find a simple case that it doesn't catch, please add it, or let me
know and I'll work it in.