Pulling - or clawing - data out of mode 6

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:47:55 UTC 2017

On 12/01/2017 08:44 PM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
>> The "uptime" variable is used to by snmp clients to do "count per time"
>> calculations, and also to notice how long after boot that that that daemon
>> started, or if its restarting.   If you need to, insert into your subagent
>> code when it first runs to grab the system clock value and store it, and
>> then just sent back the diffence between "now" and that value whenever that
>> variable is queried
> ntpd has an uptime timer.  You can get it via ntpq -c sysstats
> I don't know if you can get it without all the other stuff.
>
> The counters in sysstats are since reset (second line).  They get reset when
> written out if sysstats logging is enabled.  That's every hour.

Oh, I forgot about this email. I've determined how to implement uptime,
but the only logical way I saw was to break the spec because the spec is
wrong.

See ntpclients/ntpsnmpd.py line 444 in current HEAD.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb