Upcoming feature freeze

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 25 06:00:05 UTC 2017

I know of 3 things that seem more important (to me) than anything on your
list.

The simple shared key crypto should support more than MD5 and SHA1.

ntpq still fails when talking over a lossy link.  (There is a flake option in
restrict.  We should see if that tickles the problem.)

ntpwait can't find its libraries in some environments.  Other python programs
have the same problem.  I'm OK with requiring developers to hack their
environment but it seems not-good to to require sysadmins who use ntpwait to
hack the boot environment or the casual user to hack their environment.
Can't we hack the install process to "fix" things by editing the code?  It
knows where it is installing things.

Understanding the mysterious GPS rollover fixup is the top of my list.

If I find that, I'll probably work on ntpq retransmissions.