possible bug: peerstats

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Aug 19 15:38:57 UTC 2017

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> The logging code shouldn't *know* what syntax was used to configure
> the entry.  Internally, the new syntax is converted to the equivalent
> magic IP address by the configuration parser with this code:

In fact it doesn't, I had already wondered why that would filter into
the state of the refclock somehow.

> Note that in both the server and refclock cases, first argument will be
> T_Server.  So I don't see how the difference can leak through even to the
> config back end, let alone the logging code.
>
> Are you sure there isn't some other variable here?  Would you mind using
> gdb to see what create_peer_node() gets passed in those two cases?

As I said, I checked it the wrong way --sorry for the noise.  I see now
that it consistently swicthed the logging format on all boxes with the
restart of the recompiled ntpd.

I'll have to change my data munging scripts to recognize these correctly
so that the data goes where it's supposed to be.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: