Time to plan for 1.0

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 13:12:56 UTC 2017

This morning on #ntpsec:

07:45 <@esr> ianbruene: I knew the snmpd project would lead to much yak
              shaving.  This is actually part of the reason I viewed it
it as a
              good training opportunity.  When you're not under time
pressure
              and can thus afford to get the bovid tonsuring *right* -
well,
              that is the Tibetan spelling of "learning opportunity".
Or should
              be.

I was already on the verge of calling it, given the above I am now
Officially Calling SNMP support as slipping past 1.0.

The pattern of recent development has been: work on ntpsnmpd for a few
minutes, go shave a dozen yaks in agentx.py. I see no reason why this
would change by very much before ntpsnmpd is near complete. And that is
before counting the Yaks I already know should be shaved without any
specific trigger from ntpsnmpd.

--
In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power?
No. A Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys. -- Andrew Ryan