Time to plan for 1.0

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Aug 7 19:51:13 UTC 2017

John D. Bell <jdb at systemsartisans.com>:

> I thought that one necessity before 1.0 were at least preliminary
> "packaged" version for the major distros - i.e., .deb and .rpm files,
> conformant to the conventions (file locations, etc.) of the systems that
> used them.
>
> Am I wrong?  If not, do you know what the status of these are?

This came up at the staff meeting; unexpectedly, Mark was there. The
only packaging he seems to consider must-have is Debian.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.