blog/_drafts/gps-pivot.ad

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:10:11 UTC 2017

This blog post will be about GPS receiver firmware pivoting issues and
about GPS system 1024 week era wrapping issues.

There will be another different blog post about about NTP era wrapping and
pivoting

Analysis of the time_t wrapping is getting too far out of our remit, and
other people have already written deeply and well on it.

..m

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:40 AM Gary E. Miller via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>
wrote:

> Yo Hal!
>
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:26:42 -0700
> Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:
>
> > Unix/POSIX has the same problem with time_t
> > It rolls over into the sign bit in 2038
>
> Only for some.  Not an issue with 64 bit Linux.
>
> RGDS
> GARY

Mark Atwood
http://about.me/markatwood