I think we can drop the Jupiter driver.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Apr 25 22:50:07 UTC 2017

I think we can drop the Jupiter driver.  I looked for rollover
compensation and didn't find it.  Instead there's this at line 1019:

	instance->timecode =
	    GPS_EPOCH + (instance->gweek * WEEKSECS) + sweek;

I think that means this driver will have timewarped as of the GPS
rollover in August 1999 and it's been busted for *18 years.*

Jeez.  Is there no end to the undetected lossage in this codebase?

Other GPS-based refclocks will have to be checked for the same
issue. The magnavox, oncore, trimble, truetime, and spectracom drivers
might well be broken the same way, and I'd like to hear Hal weigh
in on hpgps.

Hal, Gary, would you please be additional eyeballs on this?

The whole of the Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the
people at large or considered as individuals...  It establishes some
rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no
majority has a right to deprive them of.
         -- Albert Gallatin, Oct 7 1789