Temperature Controlled rasPi 3B

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Apr 25 10:34:52 UTC 2017

So, just before I left last week I managed to finally set up a
temperature controller on my rasPi 3B using three sha512sum processes
that get individually stopped and continued by the temperature control
loop every 100ms to create a load between 0% and 300% and put it into
another cardboard box and bubblewrap.  I still have to add an integral
term to the control loop in order to make the residual zero and add a
few other things to enable changing the setpoint while it's running and
improve the logging, but it already converges to within 0.2K of the
target temperature and keeps the 5 minutes average temperature to within
20mK or so (unless something else loads the cores for more than just a
few seconds, like compiling a new NTPsec version).  Since I was away I
have data for nine days of uninterrupted and undisturbed performance: