Adding a dependency / SNMP daemon

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 00:03:20 UTC 2017

In preparation for starting work on the SNMP daemon I've been looking at
python SNMP libraries. PySNMP would appear to be stable / well
maintained, based on the documentation that I've seen so far. However,
adding a new dependency is a fairly major event and I do not have the
experience to be certain that PySNMP is a good choice.

Does anyone have a library that would be a better choice? or other
related input?

(oh, and it is also easily installable via pip)

--
In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power?
No. A Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys. -- Andrew Ryan