Big picture...

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Apr 18 07:03:38 UTC 2017

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> The most basic requirement for ntp_calendar is that it needs to be able to
> translate a pivot date to a form that lfp_stamp_to_tspec() can use.

For that, we can use mktime.  The time zone offset isn't a big deal.  We
would probably have to back up by the worst case zone offset so everybody can
test right after building.

If we are using a build time, we can run an external script to generate the
date in a convenient format.  date -u +%s looks good to me.

--------

Another part for the big picture.

Except for the l_fp time-stamps in packets, all of the full times are POSIX
times. (or should be)