HEAD broken if -u ntp:ntp

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Apr 14 18:28:43 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:07:14 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> gem at rellim.com said:
> > Unhandled option.  Looks like it has been broken a really long
> > time.  I went way back and don't see it ever worked in NTPsec.
>
> It works.

How would you know?  ntp:ntp is the default, right?

> There are two passes for the command line stuff.  -u is handled on
> the other one.
>
> I don't know why there are two.  There is a comment about
> initializing the library.

Gack, fixing that would be a good project for someone.

> How did that get past your testing?

It did not, you caught it just fine.  :-)

I went over the option string:

46c:dD:f:gGhi:I:k:l:LmnNp:PqRs:t:u:U:Vw:xzZ

The switch statements we are talking about handles 'b' and 'r' which are
not in the option string??  What did they used to do?  I added the 'u'.