New DNS has been pushed

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Apr 14 05:08:21 UTC 2017

There is lots of extra/debugging logging

Bugs/quirks in DNS area:
  It needs good backoff
  I think we can simplify things if FLAG_DNS is set on the pool too
  findinterface needs work.  I've seen it return a an interface without an
IPv6 address
  The callback API might get cleaner if passes IP Addresses multiple time
    rather than the list of addrinfo

Other bugs/quirks notices while looking at the code:
  t21 and friends in struct peer are unused
  pool pokes a hole in restrict.  Is that documented?
  We need something like RES_NOPOOL to avoid pool servers we don't want
    move newpeer from handle_manycast to pool_take_dns
  I think we can cleanup input processing by removing MATCH_ASSOC and friends
    MODE_PRIVATE and MODE_ACTIVE/PASSIVE aren't used/needed
    ?? is_vn_mode_acceptable
  FLAG_TSTAMP_PPS is 0x4cd000 (looks like a typo)
  MDF_BCLNT is never set
  MDF_BCAST is used in mon_entry ??
  cleanup MDF_* and peer->cast_flags
    only broadcast server left
  INT_PPP and INT_PRIVACY aren't used.  Probably others.