Current HEAD is broken

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Apr 5 21:11:59 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 13:57:59 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> gem at rellim.com said:
> > And Matt Selsky reports lots of warnings on Solaris.  Seems like
> > Solaris is not very POSIX...  I'm gonna remove the sign-conversion
> > check, no way to make it silent for all targets.
>
> You could make it conditional on the systems where it works.

There used to be a lot of OS conditionals in the waf,  Most got ripped
out as host detection got better.

In the specific case of -Wsign-conversion, it illuminates a bug in
Bison, so prolly not a good idea to have on by default.  It will just
annoy and confuse people.

> Or make it a configure option so we can easily work on fixing things.

I thinking -Wsign-comparison would be good with 'waf --enable-debug,
but not for normal builds.

The debug part of waf needs works, in many places.

> >> Is it reasonable to tweak buildbot each time something sneaks
> >> through?
> > Lost me?
>
> If buildbot was supposed to reject non-clean commits but missed
> something, is it practical to add something to buildbot to catch that
> case?

Define clean?  If something does not build, then buildbot fails.
otherwise it passes.  There is the known bug that test failures do
not fail cause buildbot fail.  I think someone already filed an issue
on it.