Word size assumptions

Daniel Franke dfoxfranke at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 12:34:15 UTC 2016

On 9/24/16, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
> There is also libntp/ntp_calendar.c
> It's used all over the place, mostly for simple date/time conversions, I
> think, for example for setting up the names for log files.  I expect some of
> it could be POSIXified.  It's also tangled up with leap seconds.

It's tangled up with leap seconds because leap seconds take effect at
the end of the current month. On systems with an ntp_adjtime() syscall
that part is handled in the kernel but everywhere else it needs to be
dealt with in userspace. So you can either keep that code around or
switch to using POSIX broken-down time.