Steak and sizzle

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Oct 28 18:48:00 UTC 2016

> I spend a lot of time looking at the offset/jitter too.

But that stuff doesn't change very often.  Each line only gets updated when a
response packet returns, and the request only gets sent at the poll interval.

It might be interesting to to have a scrolling area that shows updated lines.
 (where update covers anything other than "when" changing)  You probably want
to filter out the transient on reach.  I'd expect it to go from 377 to 376
and back to 377.

> Plus some system vars, like sys_precision, min_peers, etc

Good suggestion.  I'd put those on the chunk with ntpd-version.  They don't
change during a run.