ntpviz - Don't plot a line during data absence

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Oct 25 02:46:00 UTC 2016

>> There is a filter between rawstats and peerstats.  Except for
>> refclocks, most of the data gets filtered out.  So if the polling
>> interval ramps up to 1024 seconds, there will be many places in
>> peerstats where the spacing is over 1024.

> Yeah, you keep saying that, but I keep not believing you.  I have
> never seen that behavior.  Got some logs that show that.

What have you never seen?  Suff getting filtered between rawstats and
peerstats or gaps over 1024 in peerstats?

If the former, my wc examples showed peerstats a lot smaller than rawstats.
If we agree that rawstats follows the polling interval then peerstats with
fewer samples will have longer spacings and some of them will be over 1024
when the polling interval is long enough.

If the latter, do you have any setups that poll at 1024?  (or even 256?)