✘Local RMS Time Jitter: Ooops

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Oct 12 03:21:58 UTC 2016

Yo All!

I like the code direction in today's git head, but something went wrong.

See attached.  You can see that when I restarted with git head at
23:25 11 Oct UTC, that the loss of precision, which was at 0.954 µs
now appears to be doubled to about 1.908 µs.

You can see that plot live here:

    https://pi4.rellim.com/day/#local_rms_time_jitter

BTW, the attached png also shows off the in-progress --clip mode to ntpviz.
The new mode throws away data less than 1% and more than 99%.  Good for
seeing the data after restarts as it ignoers the huge spikes.