[time-nuts] Need Time Help

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Oct 6 18:06:04 UTC 2016

> The special case being all Windows boxes.

No, only the ones that use feature xxx.  (I don't know what that is.  It has
something to do with security and AD (Area Directors?).)

It's not enabled by default on ntp-classic.  I've never seen the sort of
comment that would happen all the time if it was needed by normal Windows
boxes.

>> Do you have a Windows box to test with?
> I hate to admit it, but yes.  What I do not have is the knowledge.

You have more knowledge than I do.  :)

Poke around in the GUI admin stuff and see if you can find the slot that
tells the builtin SNTP stuff which servers to use.  Point them at your own
good NTP server and see if that breaks it.