Forward-planning towards release 1.0

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Oct 6 11:35:14 UTC 2016

> >>   What is the status of your simple setup doc?
> > Ready to ship. Your review and corrections were the last polishing step I
> > thought it needed.
>
> I thought we were waiting for the pool/restrict bug to get fixed.
>
> Has it been updated to use the pool?
>
> What's the URL?

Oh, you must mean this:

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/stratum-1-microserver-howto/

I thought you were talking about docs/quick.txt

Now whatr that's blocked on is jdb and gem to rebuild the robot that
renders our website.

I have changed the HOWTO to note that 'pool' could be used, but not
switched over to using it.  I have a request out to Ask Bjorn Hansen,
the pool maintainer, to tell me if there are any other known problems
with 'pool'.