Forward-planning towards release 1.0

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Oct 5 09:20:58 UTC 2016

I have no strong opinion about red vs green vs blue.

I think it would make more sense to have a high level description of what you
want for a release.  If you had that, I think it would be easy to pick a
color.

There are probably other areas that are just as important.
  Are you planning to fix all the issues?
  Has the pool vs restrict problem been fixed?
  Is the documentation in good shape?
    What is the status of your simple setup doc?
  What do we have in the way of testing?
    (I think we were going to have a web page listing known good setups.)

  There are probably more "minor" cleanups in the code.  We keep finding them.
    I'd vote for getting rid of KERNEL_PLL.

--------

> * Fix symmetric-peer mode and MS-SNTP, definitely.

How are you going to test MS-SNTP?

The old code, called out to a MS server to sign the response.  That tied up
the server.  The people who needed it were running low volume so they were OK
with that.